Central Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017
Application for advance ruling (Sec. 97)
(1) An applicant desirous of obtaining an advance ruling under this Chapter may make an application in such form and manner and accompanied by such fee as may be prescribed, stating the question on which the advance ruling is sought.
(2) The question on which the advance ruling is sought under this Act, shall be in respect of,—
- classification of any goods or services or both;
- applicability of a notification issued under the provisions of this Act;
- determination of time and value of supply of goods or services or both;
- admissibility of input tax credit of tax paid or deemed to have been paid;
- determination of the liability to pay tax on any goods or services or both;
- whether applicant is required to be registered;
- whether any particular thing done by the applicant with respect to any goods or services or both amounts to or results in a supply of goods or services or both, within the meaning of that term.
This section provides for form, manner and fee for filing of an application for advance ruling. This section also lists the nature of questions on which advance ruling can be sought.